Supplier Code of Ethics
The Savannah-Chatham County School District (SCCPSS) Purchasing Department is a strong proponent of ethical conduct throughout the procurement process. The SCCPSS procurement team abides by the NIGP: The Institute of Public Procurement Code of Ethics. Similarly, the same level of conduct is expected of the suppliers who do business with the SCCPSS.
A supplier doing business with SCCPSS shall:
- Understand the dignity and worth of services rendered by your organization and the social responsibilities assumed as a supplier of goods and services to the SCCPSS;
- Avoid attempts to influence SCCPSS staﬀ with the intent to impair the objectivity or Independence of judgment of a purchasing transaction;
- Avoid any appearance of unethical or compromising practices in business relationships, actions & communications;
- Identify and eliminate participation of any individual in procurement situations where a conflict of interest may be involved;
- Understand that SCCPSS Purchasing Personnel shall at no time or under any circumstances, accept directly or indirectly, gifts, favor, service, gratuities or other items of value from your company or firm;
- Adhere to all applicable laws, regulations and procedures to ensure the integrity of the
SCCPSS procurement process;
- Perform or render goods or services in accordance with the agreed upon specifications for which the supplier has contracted with the SCCPSS;
- Constantly and consistently strive for the highest standards of ethical behavior, trust, respect, fairness, integrity and credibility.