1. Create and track purchase orders through payment per policy and procedures, including reviewing vendor invoices, reconciling vendor statements, and maintaining other necessary purchasing records.
2. Ensures expenditures are authorized in accordance with policies and procedures, charged to correct appropriations, and that appropriate funding is available.
3. Resolve vendor issues related to the purchase order process.
4. Receives, opens and distributes all mail.
5. Performs assigned data entry functions; serves as backup for KRONOS timekeeping system data entry clerk.
6. Maintains adequate level of departmental supplies and maintains storage area; regularly performing inventory counts and ordering as necessary and as directed.
7. Maintains records and controls over the receipts, disbursements and financial records of petty cash fund according to the district’s procedures.
8. Assists with the preparation and completion of reports as requested.
9. Creates and maintains efficient documentation control and filing systems; routes and processes computer input/output documents; ensures the systematic review of records; performs general office duties.
10. Performs all other duties as necessary for the effectiveness of the department